02 January Today in History
According to Gregory calendar, 02 January, the day number 365 in a year and if it is a leap year then the day number is 366. January 01 has its own special significance in India and world history.
Here you will find some important events that happened in Indian and world History on 02 January.
Read more to know about 02 January Today in History.
List of Important Historical events of 2nd January:
- 366: The Alamanni cross the frozen Rhine River in large numbers, invading the Roman Empire
- 1492: Muhammad XII, the last Emir of Granada, surrenders his city to Ferdinand II of Aragon and Isabel I of Castile, ending both the Reconquista and centuries of Muslim rule in the Iberian peninsula
- 1570: Tsar Ivan the Terrible’s march to Novgorod begins
- 1735: Alexander Pope’s poem Appellee ‘Dr. Arbuthnot’ was published in London.
- 1757: Robert Clive took Nawab Siraj-ud-Daula back to Calcutta (now Kolkata).
- 1757: Britain annexed Calcutta (after fighting in the Seven Years’ War).
- 1815: Lord Byron married Anne Isabella Milbank in Seahum County Durham.
- 1819: The first major peace financial crisis began in the United States.
- 1839: French photographer Louis Daguerre displayed his first photo of the moon.
- 1839: French cinematographer Luis Dagare first drew a picture of the moon.
- 1843: The postal service started regularly and the first letter box was installed in the Austrian capital Vienna.
- 1882: The world’s first coal-fired power generating station, the Holborn Person Power Station, was started in London.
- 1890: Alice Sanger becomes the first female employee in the White House.
- 1900: US Secretary of State John He announced an open door policy to boost US trade with China.
- 1905: American anarcho-syndicalist union known as the Industrial Workers of the World forms
- 1913: Mahatma Gandhi leaves the Tolstoy Farm in Transvaal, South Africa
- 1917: Royal Bank of Canada acquired Quebec Bank.
- 1920: A Russian writer and chemist named Isaac Aasimoff was born.
- 1942: Japanese Army captured Manila, the capital of the Philippines, during World War II.
- 1947: Mahatma Gandhi begins march for peace in East-Bengali
- 1954: Bharat Ratna Award was started.
- 1975: Railway Minister Lalit Narayan Mishra injured in a bomb blast in Samastipur district of Bihar.
- 1975: Revolutionary Bangladesh leader Siraj Sikkar in custody was killed by the police.
- 1980: Workers at the British Steel Corporation plant strike nationally for the first time in fifty years.
- 1989: Popular dramatist Safdar Hashmi was beaten up by unscrupulous elements during a play that killed him.
- 1989: Prime Minister Ranasingh Premadasa took over as the third President of Sri Lanka.
- 1991: Thiruvananthapuram Airport of Kerala was recognized as an international airport.
- 1998: Nigerian Prime Minister Hama Amadou was arrested on charges of conspiracy to assassinate President Abraham Baremanassera.
- 2008: Saman Hasnain, who lives in San Francisco, was elected Mrs. Pakistan World of the year 2002.
- 2016: Saudi Arabia’s eminent Shia cleric Nimr al Nimr and 46 other associates were hanged by the government.
The Most Important Historical events of January Month
01 JANUARY 02 JANUARY 03 JANUARY 04 JANUARY 05 JANUARY 06 JANUARY 07 JANUARY 08 JANUARY 09 JANUARY 10 JANUARY 11 JANUARY 12 JANUARY 13 JANUARY 14 JANUARY 15 JANUARY 16 JANUARY 17 JANUARY 18 JANUARY 19 JANUARY 20 JANUARY 21 JANUARY 22 JANUARY 23 JANUARY 24 JANUARY 25 JANUARY 26 JANUARY 27 JANUARY 28 JANUARY 29 JANUARY 30 JANUARY 31 JANUARY