03 January Today in History
According to Gregory calendar, 01 January, the day number 365 in a year and if it is a leap year then the day number is 366. January 01 has its own special significance in India and world history.
Here you will find some important events that happened in Indian and world History on 01 January.
Read more to know about 03 January Today in History.
- 1496: Leonardo da Vinci unsuccessfully tests a flying machine
- 1521: Martin Luther is Excommunicated by Pope Leo X from the Roman Catholic Church for failing to recant parts of his Ninety-five Theses which started the Protestant Reformation
- 1698: Italian writer and poet Peter Metaz Tazio is born.
- 1749: Benning Wentworth establishes Vermont, moving on to the first issue of New Hampshire grants.
- 1777: George Washington’s army defeats British forces in New Zealand.
- 1797: Treaty of Tripoli, a peace treaty between the United States and Ottoman Tripolitania, was signed in Algiers.
- 1823: Stephen F. Austin received land in Texas as a grant from the government of Mexico.
- 1831: India’s first female teacher Savitri Bai Phule was born in Satara, Maharashtra.
- 1833: British sovereignty reevaluated over the Falkland Islands in the South Atlantic.
- 1834: Stephen F. Austin is arrested in Mexico City by the Mexican government.
- 1836: Munshi Naval Kishore, the founder of Asia’s oldest printing press, was born in Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh.
- 1852: China’s first move to Hawaii island.
- 1875: The French litterateur and linguist Pier Laros dies.
- 1910: Strike in Britain to fix 8 hours for daily work.
- 1910: Junior high school classes begin for the first time in the United States.
- 1925: Benito Mussolini dissolves the Italian parliament and proclaims himself dictator of Italy, taking the title “Il Duce” (the Leader)
- 1943: For the first time, information about missing people was broadcast on television.
- 1955: Jose Ramon Guizado becomes President of Panama.
- 1956: Damage due to fire in upper part of Eiffel Tower in France.
- 1957: Electric watch displayed for the first time in Pennsylvania, USA.
- 1957: Hamilton Watch Company inaugurates its first electric watch.
- 1959: Alaska is declared the 49th state of the United States.
- 1971: The BBC started the university in the United Kingdom.
- 1977: Steve Wozniak and Steve Jobs incorporate Apple Computer, Inc
- 1985: Israel government confirms resettlement of 10,000 Ethiopian Jews
- 1998: 412 people killed in Algerian Islamic uprising.
- 2004: All 148 people aboard were killed by the crash of Boeing 737 aircraft 604 by Egyptian airline Flash Airlines.
- 2013: A suicide bombing in the Musayyib region of Iraq killed 27 people of the Shia community and injured 60.
The Most Important Historical events of January Month
01 JANUARY 02 JANUARY 03 JANUARY 04 JANUARY 05 JANUARY 06 JANUARY 07 JANUARY 08 JANUARY 09 JANUARY 10 JANUARY 11 JANUARY 12 JANUARY 13 JANUARY 14 JANUARY 15 JANUARY 16 JANUARY 17 JANUARY 18 JANUARY 19 JANUARY 20 JANUARY 21 JANUARY 22 JANUARY 23 JANUARY 24 JANUARY 25 JANUARY 26 JANUARY 27 JANUARY 28 JANUARY 29 JANUARY 30 JANUARY 31 JANUARY