04 January in Indian History
According to Gregory calendar, January 04, the day number 365 in a year and if it is a leap year then the day number is 366. January 04 has its own special significance in India and world history.
Here you will find some important events that happened in Indian History on January 04. Read on to know more about this day.
Read more to know about 4 January In Indian history and World History – 4 जनवरी का इतिहास
- 1573: At the initiative of Pope Gregor VII, leader of the Christians, it was decided that the king of the countries should have no interference in the appointment of the religious leaders.
- 1643: Isaac Newton, a British physicist, thinker and mathematician, was born. He discovered the main law of gravity or gravity.
- 1725: Collie Sibber’s play “Caesar in Egypt” premieres in London.
- 1762: Britain enters a seven-year war against Spain and Naples.
- 1809: Louis Braille, the famous man who invented the Braille script for the blind, is born.
- 1810: Australian seal hunter Frederick Hausborough discovered Campbell Island in the Subarctic.
- 1825: Ferdinand-I, King of Two Sicily, was succeeded by his son Francis-I of Two Sicily.
- 1828: Jean Baptiste Gae is elected as Prime Minister of France in place of Comte de Villele.
- 1847: Samuel Colt sells his first revolver pistol to the United States government
- 1854: Captain William McDonald discovers McDonald’s Island.
- 1865: New York Stock Exchange opens its 1st permanent headquarters at 10-12 Broad St, near Wall Street in New York City
- 1883: Life magazine was first published in Los Angeles.
- 1884: Fabian Society established in London.
- 1885: Dr. William made his first successful operation of appendix.
- 1887: Thomas Stevens was the first man to travel by bicycle.
- 1932: Viceroy Willingdon of the British East Indies arrested Mahatma Gandhi and Jawaharlal Nehru.
- 1944: German radio propagates a decree to raise school children for war purposes.
- 1959: Luna 1 (Mechta) becomes 1st craft to leave Earth’s gravity
- 1961: Longest recorded strike ends as the Danish barbers’ assistants end a 33 year strike
- 1962: The first automated (unmanned) metro train runs in New York City, USA.
- 1966: Tashkent Conference was organized with the aim of reaching a ceasefire agreement between India and Pakistan. As a result of this agreement, the second war between India and Pakistan ended.
- 1966: Prime Minister of India and Pakistan met in Moscow.
- 1972: Rose Heilbronn becomes the first female judge at the Old Bailey in London.
- 1990: Around 307 people were killed and 600 injured in a terrible collision of two trains in Sangi village near Sindh province of Pakistan.
- 1994: Rahul Dev Burman (RD Burman) famous music composer of Hindi films died.
- 1999: Gunmen opened fire on Shia Muslims worshiping in a mosque in Islamabad, Pakistan, killing 16 and injuring 25.
- 2002: The world’s oldest 112-year-old man, Atonia Tode, died in Sardinia Island, Italy, hours after which the world’s oldest 110-year-old female Maria Grazia Broccol died in a town south of Italy’s capital, Rome. Happened.
- 2004: Mikhail Saakashvili is elected President of Georgia.
- 2007:The 110th United States Congress convenes and elects Nancy Pelosi as the 1st female Speaker of the House
- 2010: Burj Khalifa’s tallest building was built in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- 2013: 9 people killed in a car bomb blast in Damascus Syria.
- 2014: A 14-storey building collapses in Goa killing 14 people.
- 2016: The 38th Chief Justice of India SH Kapadia passed away.
01 January in World History
The Most Important Historical events of January Month
01 JANUARY 02 JANUARY 03 JANUARY 04 JANUARY 05 JANUARY 06 JANUARY 07 JANUARY 08 JANUARY 09 JANUARY 10 JANUARY 11 JANUARY 12 JANUARY 13 JANUARY 14 JANUARY 15 JANUARY 16 JANUARY 17 JANUARY 18 JANUARY 19 JANUARY 20 JANUARY 21 JANUARY 22 JANUARY 23 JANUARY 24 JANUARY 25 JANUARY 26 JANUARY 27 JANUARY 28 JANUARY 29 JANUARY 30 JANUARY 31 JANUARY