06 January in Indian History
According to Gregory calendar, January 06, there are day number 365 in a year and if it is a leap year then the day number is 366. January 06 has its own special significance in India and world history.
Here you will find some important events that happened in Indian History on January 06. Read on to know more about this day.
Read more to know about 6 January In Indian history and World History – 6 जनवरी का इतिहास
- 1316: Sultan Alauddin Khilji, the ruler of the Khilji dynasty, died.
- 1649: The English Rump Parliament votes to put Charles I on trial for treason and other “high crimes”
- 1664: Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj attacked Surat.
- 1773: Massachusetts slaves petitioned the Legislature for independence.
- 1786: Outer Bound East Indian Halswell was wrecked on a storm off the south coast of England, leaving only 74 of the 240 survivors.
- 1824: French writer and litterateur Alexander Doma Junior was born in Paris.
- 1832: Abolitionist William Lloyd Garrison founded the New England Anti-Slavery Society.
- 1838: Alfred Vail and Samuel Morse made the first successful demonstration of the electric telegraph in front of the world.
- 1842: 4,500 British & Indian troops leave Kabul, massacred before reaching India.
- 1853: Florida Governor Thomas Brown signed legislation that provided public support for the new East Florida Seminary, leading to the establishment of the University of Florida.
- 1870: Musikverin, Vienna inaugurated Austria-Hungary.
- 1885: Bharatendu Harishchandra, one of the Hindi poets and writers of modern India, died.
- 1896: The first US women’s six-day cycle race began at Madison Square Garden.
- 1899: Lord Curzon was made Viceroy of India.
- 1907: The first Montessori school and day care center started in Rome.
- 1912: Alfred Wegener, geophysicist and meteorologist, presents his controversial theory of continental drift in a lecture at a the Geological Association (Geologischen Vereinigung) at the Senckenberg-Museum, Frankfurt.
- 1919: The 26th President of the United States, Theodar Roosevelt, died.
- 1928: Charlie Chaplin’s silent comedy film The Circus premiered at the Strand Theater in New York City.
- 1932: Joseph Lyons becomes the 10th Prime Minister of Australia.
- 1941: US President Franklin Roosevelt makes his “Four Freedoms” speech (freedom of speech and worship; freedom from want and fear) during his US State of Union address
- 1947: All India Congress Committee accepted Partition of India.
- 1950: Britain recognizes the Communist government of China.
- 1953: Asian Socialist Conference opened in Rangoon, Burma.
- 1955: Sir Rowan Sebastian, who made the world crazy with the character of, Mr. Bean, took the first step in the world.
- 1967: was born Allahu Rakha Rahman (AR Rahman), the uncrowned king of the music world.
- 1987: Astronomers at University of California see 1st sight of birth of a galaxy
- 1989: Both convicts Satwant Singh and Kehar Singh of Indira Gandhi’s assassination were hanged.
- 1991: All India Federation of Anganwadi Workers and Helpers was established in Udaipur.
- 2008: storm in the western coastal region of the US caused major destruction.
- 2012: suicide attack in the Syrian capital Damascus killed 26 people and injured 63.
- 2016: North Korea successfully tested a thermonuclear weapon.
01 January in World History
The Most Important Historical events of January Month
01 JANUARY 02 JANUARY 03 JANUARY 04 JANUARY 05 JANUARY 06 JANUARY 07 JANUARY 08 JANUARY 09 JANUARY 10 JANUARY 11 JANUARY 12 JANUARY 13 JANUARY 14 JANUARY 15 JANUARY 16 JANUARY 17 JANUARY 18 JANUARY 19 JANUARY 20 JANUARY 21 JANUARY 22 JANUARY 23 JANUARY 24 JANUARY 25 JANUARY 26 JANUARY 27 JANUARY 28 JANUARY 29 JANUARY 30 JANUARY 31 JANUARY